Знаменитые британские писатели
- Дегтярёва Жанна Львовна, учитель английского языка
Разделы: Преподавание иностранных языков
- Ознакомление обучающихся с краткими биографическими данными английского писателя Чарльза Диккенса;
- Обучение использованию в устной речи грамматического материала: сослагательное наклонение, инфинитив, герундий, временные глагольные формы;
- Совершенствование речемыслительной деятельности обучающихся через беседу с учителем, монологи и диалоги по теме;
- Воспитание желания мыслить, совершенствовать английскую речь.
- Закрепление грамматического материала в драматизации сцены из романа Ч. Диккенса « Дэвид Копперфильд»
- портреты английских писателей Вильяма Шекспира, Даниэля Дефо, Чарльза Диккенса, Джерома.
- Классная доска с выписанными лексикой и оборотами.
- Для сцены: кувшин, посуда, вилки, ложки, стол, скатерть, 2 стула, 6 отбивных котлет, 4 картофелины, пудинг.
1. Организационный момент.
Good morning, boys and girls. Take your sits, please.
Today we are going to speak about great English writers. While speaking about them try to use as much as possible the Subjunctive Mood, the Infinitive, The Gerund, The Modal Verbs and the words and expressions from the blackboard.
2. Речевая зарядка.
And now listen to my questions and answer them in every possible way.
- What person can be called an outstanding ( famous) person?
- As for me, I`m interested in reading works by the great English writers. If you me, what English writers would you read?
- I`m interested in them because I`m teacher of English and why are you interested in them?
- Have you got any works by English writer in your library?
- Imagine, if you met Conan Doyle or Charles Dickens, what would you ask them about?
- If you were an Englishman/woman would you be proud of these famous people? Why? Prove your point of you.
3. Проверка домашнего задания.
Teacher: Your answer were good enough and now we`d like to listen to your short stories about your favorite English writers. Who wants to be the first?
(Учащиеся представляют свои рассказы).
Teacher: Thank you very much. Your stories are rather interesting.
4. Работа над диалогами.
Teacher: And now I`d like you to have short dialogues.
The first topic: You have just seen the play « The Pickwick Club». Share your opinion with your friend.
The second topic: Advise your pen-friend to read the book « Three men in a boat» by Jerome K. Jerome.
5. Ознакомление обучающихся с биографией Ч. Диккенса.
Teacher: Have you read any books by Charles Dickens?
I`ll tell you about him with pleasure. But I want you to ask me questions about him . OK? Who`s the first?
P1: When and where was Ch. Dickens born?
T: he was born in 1812 at Portsmouth. His father was a clerk and a happy –go-lucky, irresponsible man. He had eight children.
P2: I think, Charles childhood was not happy. Did he get any education?
T: He went to school not more than two years, but his mother was a well- educated woman and she tought him to read and write. At nine he could read «Robinson Crusoe» by Daniel Defo. The family moved to London and soon Charles` father was taken to prison, for debt. Mrs. Dickens with her younger children went to prison too, to join the husband, because they could not provide their living,
P3: How did ye begin to write?
T: It was a long way to it. Being nine years old, Charles went to work at a factory. He was very human, very clever and without clever friends. He was very unhappy. Every day he went to prison to have breakfast and supper. At last he managed to enter a lawyer`s office. He learnt shorthand. He could make short reports in the House of Commons for newspapers. And only at the age of 22 he was taken to work in the newspaper “ The Morning Chronicle”. He went all over the country getting news, writing up stories, meeting people and using his eyes. From that time his career began. 2
P 4: Would you tell us what are his most popular novels?
T: His first novel was “ The Postumous Papers of the Pickwick Club”, “Oliver Twist”, “ Nickolas Nickleby”, “ The Old Curiosity Shop”, “ Little Dorrit”, “ The bleak House”. “David Copperfield is his bestseller because Charles Dickens was the prototype of David Copperfield.
6. Драматизация отрывка из романа «Дэвид Копперфильд» Чарльза Диккенса.
(Гостиная постоялого двора. Стол накрыт скатертью. Хозяйка сметает пыль со стульев. Входит Дэвид, мальчик 10 лет.)
Landlady: Are you the little gentleman from Blanderstone?
David: Yes, Madam. ( вскакивает со стула).
Landlady: What name?( пропускает глагол “is” -19 век).
David: Copperfield, Madam.
Landlady: That won`t do. Nobody`s dinner is paid for here in that name.
David: is it Murastone, madam?
Landlady: If you name is Master Murdstone, why do you go and give without name first?
David: I`m realy Copprfield, David Copperfield, but my father died and my mother married Mr. Murdstone, so that`s her name now.
Landlady: Oh, see. Well, your dinner` ready. I`ll get it send in. (Звонит звонком). William ! William! (Входит официант). William, bring in dinner for this gentleman. ( Она выходит). Вильям вносит блюдо с отбивными котлетами, тарелки, стакан, кувшин и т.д).
Waiter: Now then, six foot, come on. ( уставился на Дэвида, который все больше смущается от пристального взгляда официанта). There`s half a pint of beer for you, shall I get it now?
David: Yes, please. (официант наливает стакан вина и поднимает его к свету).
Waiter: My eye! It seems a lot, doesn`t it?
David: Yes, it does seem rather a lot.
Waiter: ( все ещё держит вино): There was a gentleman here yesterday, a rather fat gentleman of Topsawyer – perhaps you know him?
David: No, I don`t think I do.
Waiter: Fellow with a grey coat, big hat-
David: No, I`m sorry, I haven`t the pleasure- 3
Waiter: He came in here, ordered a glass of beer, would order it – I told him not to do – drank it and fell dead. It was too for him. This beer ought not to drunk, that`s the fact.
David: How terrible. Perhaps - do you think I had better have some water?
Waiter: Well, you see, the landlady gets annoyed if thing are ordered and then left. But I`ll drink it if you like. You