Урок английского языка в 9-м классе по теме "Телевидение. За и против"
- Комина Светлана Александровна, учитель английского языка
Разделы: Спорт в школе и здоровье детей
Основные задачи урока:
- формировать лексические навыки;
- учить строить аргументированное высказывание.
- развивать навык чтения и восприятия речи на слух;
- развивать способности к логическому изложению содержания высказывания, к формулированию выводов из прочитанного и услышанного.
- воспитывать терпимое отношение к мнению других людей, умение работать в группах;
- учить вести дискуссию.
I. Начало урока. Постановка задач
At our previous lesson we spoke about the role of television. Today we are going to discuss the advantages and disadvantages of TV. So our today’s topic is “Television: for and against”.
II. Речевая зарядка. Мозговой штурм
* First try to define what television is. (For example, TV is a wonderful
source of information.)
* And now look at the board, read some verbs and be ready to speak about some functions of TV.
* The next task is in your cards. Match the words and their definitions.
|to show on TV
people who watch TV
a serial consisting of several or many parts
to match two different parts
a short clip telling us about the advantages of things
You will hear three opinions about television.
1. Find out which of these belongs to a teacher, a pupil, and a politician.
2. What’s their opinion on the following? Fill in the chart.
|First speaker||Second speaker||Third speaker|
|Television (in general)|
Текст для аудирования
1) Television is a great way to learn. It’s easier than reading a book. I wish we could watch more television at school. But on the whole, most telly programmes are rubbish, too serious. Television should be entertaining, you know, fun. I wish there were more police shows and sports. And more adverts, too.
2) Television is the best in the world. We have a lot of variety and good quality. We try to entertain and educate. That’s why so many television programmes are exported. We need more channels and more broadcasting. Up to 20 hours a day, for example.
3) The kids come home and turn on the box. Parents have no control. And some of the programmes are really violent. There are terrible problems with reading and writing. Kids don’t read books any more. They spend a lot of time just sitting and watching the telly.
3. Проверка выполнения заданий.
* Let’s divide into two groups. You should read the text” TV or not TV” and the task for group № 1 is to copy out the arguments for TV for group №2 is to copy out the arguments against TV.
Text” TV or not TV”
Television plays a very important role in people’s lives. It’s a wonderful source of information and one of the best ways to spend free time. Television viewing is the most popular leisure pastime. It’s not surprising, because TV channels show a great variety of programmes: documentaries and current affairs, feature films and comedies, soaps and police series, concerts and talk shows. Television is a reflection of the modern world. It gives you an opportunity to travel all over the world, to see different people and to learn about their customs and traditions. Television keeps you informed about the rest of the world. It also helps to escape from our everyday problems. A lot of people usually relax watching soaps. Their story lines are entertaining, but often unbelievable. I don’t think that they show life realistically. But to many people, the characters in the TV serial have become more important than real people. Of course, not everything shown on TV is made in good taste. There are badly-written programmes