Урок английского языка в 9-м классе по теме "Телевидение. За и против"
- Комина Светлана Александровна, учитель английского языка
Разделы: Спорт в школе и здоровье детей
Основные задачи урока:
- формировать лексические навыки;
- учить строить аргументированное высказывание.
- развивать навык чтения и восприятия речи на слух;
- развивать способности к логическому изложению содержания высказывания, к формулированию выводов из прочитанного и услышанного.
- воспитывать терпимое отношение к мнению других людей, умение работать в группах;
- учить вести дискуссию.
I. Начало урока. Постановка задач
At our previous lesson we spoke about the role of television. Today we are going to discuss the advantages and disadvantages of TV. So our today’s topic is “Television: for and against”.
II. Речевая зарядка. Мозговой штурм
* First try to define what television is. (For example, TV is a wonderful
source of information.)
* And now look at the board, read some verbs and be ready to speak about some functions of TV.
* The next task is in your cards. Match the words and their definitions.
|to show on TV
people who watch TV
a serial consisting of several or many parts
to match two different parts
a short clip telling us about the advantages of things
You will hear three opinions about television.
1. Find out which of these belongs to a teacher, a pupil, and a politician.
2. What’s their opinion on the following? Fill in the chart.
|First speaker||Second speaker||Third speaker|
|Television (in general)|
Текст для аудирования
1) Television is a great way to learn. It’s easier than reading a book. I wish we could watch more television at school. But on the whole, most telly programmes are rubbish, too serious. Television should be entertaining, you know, fun. I wish there were more police shows and sports. And more adverts, too.
2) Television is the best in the world. We have a lot of variety and good quality. We try to entertain and educate. That’s why so many television programmes are exported. We need more channels and more broadcasting. Up to 20 hours a day, for example.
3) The kids come home and turn on the box. Parents have no control. And some of the programmes are really violent. There are terrible problems with reading and writing. Kids don’t read books any more. They spend a lot of time just sitting and watching the telly.
3. Проверка выполнения заданий.
* Let’s divide into two groups. You should read the text” TV or not TV” and the task for group № 1 is to copy out the arguments for TV for group №2 is to copy out the arguments against TV.
Text” TV or not TV”
Television plays a very important role in people’s lives. It’s a wonderful source of information and one of the best ways to spend free time. Television viewing is the most popular leisure pastime. It’s not surprising, because TV channels show a great variety of programmes: documentaries and current affairs, feature films and comedies, soaps and police series, concerts and talk shows. Television is a reflection of the modern world. It gives you an opportunity to travel all over the world, to see different people and to learn about their customs and traditions. Television keeps you informed about the rest of the world. It also helps to escape from our everyday problems. A lot of people usually relax watching soaps. Their story lines are entertaining, but often unbelievable. I don’t think that they show life realistically. But to many people, the characters in the TV serial have become more important than real people. Of course, not everything shown on TV is made in good taste. There are badly-written programmes that contain unnecessary bad language and violence. Another thing I would like to complain about is the amount of smoking in the films that are shown on TV. Smoking is often shown as a very “cool” thing to do, making young people take up smoking themselves. Many people admit that the quality of television could be better. One reason for the poor quality of programmes is advertising. Not all people like watching commercials. They find ads silly and boring. But I am not against commercials on TV, because television companies get most of their money from advertising. Some people say that television is a terrible waste of time. Of course, there are TV addicts who can’t drag themselves away from the box. But if we watch TV for an hour a day, to find out what is happening in the world or to relax, then television is really useful. So I think we should not blame the TV for the bad effects it has. We must know how to make the best use of it.
*Let’s check up what you have done.
* Add your own reasons for positive and negative sides of television.
V. Развитие навыков говорения (дискуссия)
1. Сomment on the following quotation: “All television is educational television. The only question is, what is it teaching?”(Nicholas Johnson)
Try to use the phrases expressing opinions:
* I suppose
* In my opinion
* To my mind
* I personally think
* You could be right, but I…
* I am sorry, but I can’t agree with you
* Yes, I agree with you, but on the other hand…
* I am afraid I’m not of the same opinion
2. And now work in pairs; be ready to give some advice to our TV viewers.
VI. Домашнее задание
* Put down the composition”Television in my life”, according to the plan:
1. Introduction. State the problem.
2. Arguments for.
3. Arguments against.
VII.Подведение итогов урока